Transparent civil society
Where commitment to society takes place, transparency toward society should be a matter of course. We are therefore pleased to disclose ten important pieces of information about the association here.
Association legal data
1. name, registered office, address and year of foundation
In May 1999, Miteinander - Netzwerk für Demokratie und Weltoffenheit in Sachsen-Anhalt e. V. was founded as a body responsible for educational work and for advising and networking civil society actors. The impetus for this came in 1998 from initiatives of civic engagement, trade unions and individuals.
The association has its registered office in Magdeburg. The office is located at Erich-Weinert-Straße 30 in 39104 Magdeburg. Further contact details can be found in the signature line on the homepage.
The responsible register court is the district court of Stendal. The association is listed there under the registration number VR 11565.
2. statutes and goals
Miteinander e.V. is committed to an open, plural and democratic society in Saxony-Anhalt and beyond. The association works against racism, anti-Semitism and other forms of group-based hostility that lead to discrimination, exclusion and violence. Miteinander e.V. is particularly concerned with strengthening democratic actors in civil society and non-right-wing youth, as well as supporting victims of right-wing, racist and anti-Semitic violence.
Miteinander e.V. is recognized as a provider of voluntary youth welfare in the state of Saxony-Anhalt according to § 75 KJHG-LSA.
Mission statement, goals and fields of work can be found here.
The Articles of Incorporation, as amended on December 5, 2019, can be found here.
3. information on the tax benefit
Miteinander e.V. is exempt from corporation tax pursuant to Section 5 (1) No. 9 of the German Corporation Tax Act (KStG) and from trade tax pursuant to Section 3 No. 6 of the German Trade Tax Act (GewStG), because the association exclusively and directly serves tax-privileged charitable purposes within the meaning of Sections 51 et seq. AO. Here you can find the current notice of exemption from the Magdeburg tax office dated 27.12.2019 for the years 2016 to 2018.
4. name and function of the key decision makers
The board of Miteinander e.V. currently (2023) consists of five persons. Of these, Norbert Bischoff (Chairman of the Board), Curt Stauss (Deputy Chairman) and Susanne Wiedemeyer (Treasurer) are authorized to represent the organization.
The managing director with comprehensive authority to act and sign is Pascal Begrich.
Membership and staff
Miteinander e.V. currently (2023) has 91 members (7 institutions and 84 individuals) and 11 supporting members.
5. activity report
The activities of the association and its projects are reported to the tax office in the minutes of the general meetings and annual reports, and to the donors in the form of factual reports. Annual detailed activity reports can also be found here.
6. personnel structure
Miteinander e.V. currently (2022) has 31 full-time employees (26.75 full-time equivalents).
7. information on the source of funds
The association finances its work mainly through public and private funding as well as membership fees, donations and fee income. Currently (2022), the available total budget of 2,357,463.18 euros is made up as follows:
- Federal public funds: 58
- Public funds of the country: 38 %
- Grants from other non-profit organizations and other income: 3%.
- Municipal funds: 1 %
8. information on the use of funds
The available funds currently (2022) finance:
- Personnel expenses in institutional funding: € 218,717.63
- Material expenses in institutional funding: € 50,737.40
- Personnel expenses in project funding: € 1,501,966.29
- Material expenses in project funding: €586,041.86 (of which €237,817.07 was passed on to sponsors in the project network)
9. corporate legal relationship with third parties
Miteinander e.V. is a legally independent association.
10. grants that annually exceed 10% of the total annual budget
- 58 % BMFSFJ funding as part of the federal "Democracy Live!" program
- 27 % Funding from the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Health and Equality of the State of Saxony-Anhalt as part of the State Program for Democracy, Diversity and Cosmopolitanism (co-financing of funding in the federal program "Democracy Live!")
- 10 % Funds from the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Health and Equality of the State of Saxony-Anhalt as part of institutional funding