Specialist Centre for the Prevention of Radicalisation
The Center for the Prevention of Radicalization supports and encourages professionals in law enforcement and criminal justice to recognize radicalization at an early stage. It focuses on phenomena of right-wing extremism as well as radicalization based on religion or ethnoreligion, such as Islamism or violent Salafism. The aim is to initiate and support (secondary) preventive measures. The aim is to combine measures inside and outside the prison system: Processes of distancing and/or acquiring values in the sense of the Basic Law and human rights that are initiated in prison should not break off, but should be further supported and promoted in the resocialization process. The project work supports successful and relapse-preventing resocialization as a goal and task of all actors in the criminal justice system, also with regard to the prevention of extremism.
The center's services are aimed at professionals working in the field of independent criminal assistance and the social services of the justice system, as well as at employees of correctional facilities in the state of Saxony-Anhalt. The following services are available free of charge through FRaP:
- Need-based training on radicalization and radicalization prevention in the above-mentioned areas of phenomena
- Needs-based in-house training for teams within an executing agency or institution
- case-related consultations
- Support in the development and implementation of offers and approaches that are suitable for specifically countering anti-human attitudes, ideologies of inequality and radicalization.
- Development and implementation of preventive, life-world-related, resource-activating offers inside and outside the prison (social group work)
Specialized offices in the specialized center
FRaP is a joint project under the auspices of Miteinander e.V. and is divided into three specialist areas:
- Specialist unit for right-wing extremism at Miteinander e.V. with many years of experience in the area of right-wing extremism and radicalization prevention in and outside of the penal system.
- Resocialization Office at the Saxony-Anhalt State Association for Crime Prevention and Resocialization e.V. the umbrella organization and specialist provider of independent help for offenders in Saxony-Anhalt.
- Specialist unit for religiously based extremism at the Hallesche Jugendwerkstatt gGmbH as a point of contact for phenomenon-specific needs of professionals in the field of justice and criminal justice assistance
Miteinander e.V. is responsible for the management of the project and the overall administration. The association is the point of contact for inquiries, which are distributed from here to the specialized offices of the network partners. Miteinander e.V. is also responsible for the planning and content development of central, cross-phenomenon support and qualification formats for the main target group.
Further information can be found on the project homepage.
FRaP in Correctional & Offender Services Saxony-Anhalt
Miteinander e. V. - Regional Center South
Landsberger Street 1
06112 Halle (Saale)
Tel.: (0345) 2266450
Fax: (0345) 2267101
FRaP is funded by the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth as part of the federal program "Democracy Live!" and with funds from the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Health and Equality of the State of Saxony-Anhalt.