Together with the Alliance Halle against the Right, we call with our Mobile Victim Counseling on the anniversary of the attack to commemorate those killed and to show solidarity with the survivors and relatives. Starting today, October 7, there will be a variety of events and rallies in Halle by various initiatives, to which we cordially invite you. An overview of the commemoration activities on the anniversary (09.10.) itself can be found on the page of the Alliance Halle against Right.
- Already today, on October 7, 2020, the initiative 9 October Halle calls for a rally at the Steintor from 4 pm under the motto "Solidarity against anti-Semitism and right-wing terror".
- On October 8, 2020, a rally of migrants will take place in front of KiezDöner in Ludwig-Wucherer-Strasse under the motto "Now we're talking! The event will start at 3 pm.
- On October 9, the Landesnetzwerk Migrantenorganisationen Sachsen-Anhalt e.V., the Stiftung Bürger für Bürger and the Verband der Migrantenorganisationen Halle e.V. (VeMo) invite people to create a chalk human chain starting at 10 a.m. at the main train station and many other locations.
- From 11 a.m. on Friday, October 9, until Sunday, October 11, our Mobile Victim Counseling Service and Halle gegen Rechts will present a space of remembrance and solidarity at the Steintor. Not far from the sites of the attack, we will be exhibiting videos, audios and texts in which survivors and those affected by the attack have their say. There will be an opportunity to spend the minutes of remembrance with others at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, and to watch a broadcast of the state democracy conference and the official commemoration ceremony of the city and state taking place that day. The Room of Remembrance and Solidarity and the Stone Gate are intended to be a focal point for people who want to express their sympathy and solidarity and to deal with the experiences and demands of the survivors and those affected, and to seek the opportunity for encounters and conversations on the anniversary of the attack.
- Under the motto "Together against hate", the city of Halle, the state of Saxony-Anhalt and the Jewish community of Halle invite you to a commemoration on October 9: "At 12:01 a.m. - that is, at the time when the assassin fired the first shot at the door of the synagogue - all church bells will ring for two minutes. Public life will stand still for that time. Afterwards, a Jewish song will be played by the Red Tower Carillon." At 5 p.m., the central commemoration ceremony will take place in the Ulrichskirche Concert Hall.
- Also on October 9, starting at 12:30 p.m., the (digital) 2nd State Democracy Conference of the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Integration will be held in cooperation with the State Chancellery, the Ministry of Culture and the City of Halle as part of the "State Program for Democracy, Diversity and Cosmopolitanism in Saxony-Anhalt."
- In addition, a panel discussion entitled "From the middle of society? Halle after the attack" will take place.