MORE THAN JUST GOING TO THE POLLS
Formats of political education in prevention and social work
Symposium on September 5, 2019 in Halle (Saale)
Political education offers the opportunity to deal (critically) with the environment, with one's own experiences and ideas, but also with different perspectives on the world. In the spirit of prevention, it seeks to enable and encourage people to form their own judgments and to play an active role in shaping their living space in the spirit of democratic values based on human rights. The prevention of radicalization and extremism is also oriented towards these goals. The conference will address the question of how and where political education and prevention intertwine. What formats are available and what experiences have been made with their implementation?
Based on the different perspectives of the speakers, the conference will enable participants and speakers to discuss practical experiences, educational formats and theoretical approaches. The conference is intended to be the final event of the two model projects "Frei(T)Räume erleben! Paths to a Democratic Everyday Life" and "RausWege - Deradicalization and Prevention in Resocialization".
Time and place
September 5, 2019 | 9 :30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Francke Foundations, Freylinghausensaal
06110 Halle (Saale)
Participation & Registration
NEW: Participation is free of charge.
To register, visit email@example.com. The registration deadline is 23.08.2019. When registering, please state your name, sponsor and preferred workshop. For free participation (see above), please also indicate your area of work.
- Right-wing extremism and social work - Prof. Dr. Esther Lehnert
- Radicalization Prevention in Social Work - An Input by Prof. Dr. Michaela Köttig
- Political Education and Social Work in the Context of Right-Wing Populism - Prof. Dr. Malte Thran
- Workshop 01: Preventive action. Strengthening democratic structures as part of political education
- Workshop 02: Inside and Outside. Formats of historical-political education
- Workshop 03: Formats of political education in rural areas
- Workshop 04: Gender reflective pedagogy and right-wing extremism
- Workshop 05: Necessities and Methods of Political Education in Law Enforcement
- Workshop 06: Forum theater as a method of political education and prevention